Baked vegetables quinoa
Yield 2 plates
An easy and delicious dinner recipe packed with plant protein.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 red peppers
- 1 zucchini
- 1 medium eggplant
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- Chopped parsley
- Lemon zest (optional)
- Preheat the oven at 220 degrees Celsius.
- Clean the vegetables and cut them into bite-size chops.
- Season with salt and pepper, add 1-2 tbsp olive oil and cook in the preheated oven for around 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse quinoa 2-3 times then put it in a medium pan with water and let it cook over medium heat for around 20 minutes, or until it has absorbed all the water and has started to puff.
- When the vegetables and quinoa are ready, just mix them together and add one extra tbsp. of olive oil.
- At the end add the seeds and chopped parsley, and lemon zest if using.
- Enjoy warm or let it cool completely and put it in an airtight container to take away.
Note: 1 cup = 240 ml
This recipe is vegetarian and vegan-friendly. :)
Recipe by Mandarina at http://mandarina-yum.com/en/baked-vegetables-quinoa-a-great-veganvegetarian-dinner/