Here I am, with another quinoa recipe, super easy, colorful and delicious. This time baked vegetables are simply mixed with quinoa and some seeds and they taste so good.
Quinoa and baked vegetables is perfect to make ahead and take with you in a picnic at work or school. It tastes amazing even the day after it’s cooked.
I’ve chosen eggplants, red peppers, tomato, and zucchini, but you may choose your favorite vegetables. I like to add seeds and nuts for a little extra crunch, but it’s totally up to you.
Parsley is always my favorite herb to add to a dish, you may also use mint, dill, oregano or basil. Finally, if you’re a cheese lover like me, and you’re not following a vegan diet, some crumbled feta on top will make a real difference in this simple dish.
If you’re curious to try other quinoa dishes just have a look here.
Baked vegetables quinoa
Yield 2 plates
An easy and delicious dinner recipe packed with plant protein.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 red peppers
- 1 zucchini
- 1 medium eggplant
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- Chopped parsley
- Lemon zest (optional)
- Preheat the oven at 220 degrees Celsius.
- Clean the vegetables and cut them into bite-size chops.
- Season with salt and pepper, add 1-2 tbsp olive oil and cook in the preheated oven for around 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse quinoa 2-3 times then put it in a medium pan with water and let it cook over medium heat for around 20 minutes, or until it has absorbed all the water and has started to puff.
- When the vegetables and quinoa are ready, just mix them together and add one extra tbsp. of olive oil.
- At the end add the seeds and chopped parsley, and lemon zest if using.
- Enjoy warm or let it cool completely and put it in an airtight container to take away.
Note: 1 cup = 240 ml
This recipe is vegetarian and vegan-friendly. 🙂