Baked potatoes with aioli sauce
Yield 4 servings
- 4 medium potatoes
- Water to boil the potatoes
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1/3 tsp powder garlic
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil and preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the potatoes.
- Once the water reaches the boiling point add the potatoes and let them boil for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the water, add salt, pepper, butter and olive oil and toss well, so all the potatoes are coated with the dressing.
- Put them in an oiled pan and bake for 20-35 minutes, depending on your oven. They are ready when they’ve formed a nice golden-brown crust.
- When the potatoes are ready bring them out of the oven and let them cool a little bit before serving.
- While potatoes are cooling prepare the aioli sauce. This sauce contains avocado, which tends to oxidise in contact with the air, that’s why I suggest to prepare it just before serving.
- Cut the avocado, remove the stone and peel it.
- Put the avocado, yoghurt, lemon juice, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a blender and blend until homogeneous.
- Bring potatoes out the oven and let them cool few minutes.
- Enjoy with aioli sauce on top.
Recipe by Mandarina at http://mandarina-yum.com/en/baked-potatoes-homemade-aioli-sauce/