Who doesn’t enjoy some baked potatoes with a nice sauce? Personally, I love it. The smell and taste of baked potatoes is so good while playing with different sauces is so much fun.
The trick to preparing the best baked potatoes is to boil them for few minutes. It helps to keep them soft and creamy in the insight, while they form an amazing crust on the outside while they are baking.
I never tried or heard about aioli sauce until recently. I enjoyed it in a small bistro in Dusseldorf and from that day, I just wanted to recreate it. I’m not very close to the traditional recipe, but that’s how I like it. I would love if you could share with me what you think of this recipe and what’s your favourite aioli sauce recipe.
I love aioli over baked potatoes, but it also makes a great sauce for the sandwiches, fish or chicken fillet or as a dressing for the salads.
Baked potatoes with aioli sauce
Yield 4 servings
- 4 medium potatoes
- Water to boil the potatoes
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1/3 tsp powder garlic
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil and preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the potatoes.
- Once the water reaches the boiling point add the potatoes and let them boil for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the water, add salt, pepper, butter and olive oil and toss well, so all the potatoes are coated with the dressing.
- Put them in an oiled pan and bake for 20-35 minutes, depending on your oven. They are ready when they’ve formed a nice golden-brown crust.
- When the potatoes are ready bring them out of the oven and let them cool a little bit before serving.
- While potatoes are cooling prepare the aioli sauce. This sauce contains avocado, which tends to oxidise in contact with the air, that’s why I suggest to prepare it just before serving.
- Cut the avocado, remove the stone and peel it.
- Put the avocado, yoghurt, lemon juice, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a blender and blend until homogeneous.
- Bring potatoes out the oven and let them cool few minutes.
- Enjoy with aioli sauce on top.