The weather gets warmer every day and I naturally crave salads. I love a good salad for dinner and sometimes even for lunch. They’re so refreshing, tasty and so beautiful, full of colors and shapes from all the vegetables. Today I’m sharing with you one of my favorite salads which is so easy that I wasn’t sure if I should share the recipe. It is a salad, but since it includes lentils and nuts it keeps you full for many hours, so consider having it also for lunch.
It packs well in a jar or glass bowl and it is perfect to take with you to work. Just don’t forget to add salt and pepper and the dressing just before serving.
- 2 hands full of arugula
- 1 hand full of cherry tomatoes or 1 big tomato
- 1/2 cup uncooked lentils, which makes about 2/3 cup of cooked lentils (I prefer black, but you may go with whatever type you like)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- Some chopped walnuts
- Water to cook the lentils
Note : 1 cup – a standard cup of 240 ml
- Soak the lentils in water for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Discard the soaking water, add fresh water, some salt and bring lentils to a boil.
- Let them cook until tender (mine needed 20 minutes).
- Meanwhile clean the arugula and put it in the serving plate.
- Add tomatoes and walnuts.
- Once the lentils are cooked discard the cooking water and let them cool few minutes.
- Once they’re cool add them on the salad.
- Add salt, pepper and the olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing.
- Mix everything together and enjoy.
PS. It looks like a salad but it has all the nutrients you need to make a full meal. Just add some bread or pita, or any form of carbs you like.
Get Mandarina recipes via e-mail
#arugula #lentils #salad #vegan #healthy #easy