Pancakes are nice, but I find them a little flat in flavor and of course not the healthiest meal, so why not experiment a little bit.
I replaced flour with oatmeal, added vanilla and cinnamon and at the end a grated apple for more vitamins and autumn flavor. The result was this beautiful stack of pancakes.
Preparation time: 30 min
Serving size: 3-4 persons
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs melted butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbs all-purpose flour
- 1 medium apple
* 1 cup – a standart cup of 240 ml
- Mix all the ingredients except the apple and blend for 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile grate the apple using a cheese grater.
- Fold the grated apple into the pancakes batter.
- Put a large pan on medium heat and add a knob of butter. Once that melts, add the batter, ¼ cup at a time to the hot pan. You’ll need to cook them in batches, cooking them for a few minutes until golden on the bottom, then flipping over and cooking for a few minutes more until they’re done.
- When they are golden and fluffy, serve them right away with apple slices in between, a dollop of natural yogurt, some runny honey drizzled and nuts all over the top.
Get Mandarina recipes via e-mail